Alumina Ceramic Tubes
Get Elevated Temperature Stability with Alumina Ceramic Tubes
Sentro Tech’s alumina tubes, with 99.5% to 99.8% high-purity, offer elevated temperature stability. Alumina ceramic tubes come in custom sizes, including American and Metric, and offer a low material cost.
Minerals containing alumina used in alumina tubes make up nearly 15% of the earth’s crust making it practically inexhaustible and versatile. Alumina combines low thermal expansion, superior thermal conductivity, and high-compressive strength to make these furnace tubes thermal-shock resistant. Sentro Tech alumina furnace tube models come with elevated dielectric properties and offer a higher vacuum or protective atmosphere at an extreme temperature.
Benefits of Alumina Ceramic Tubes for High-Temperature
Our alumina tubes offer:
- Extreme high-temperature stability under reducing, inert, and high-vacuum conditions under high temperatures up to 1800°C.
- Extreme wear and abrasion resistance.
- Chemical corrosion resistance under high temperature.
- High dielectric properties.
- Protective atmospheres or high vacuum at high-temperature to eliminate contamination or impurity.
- Low material cost and custom size available.
- Available Tube Diameter From 3/16″ to 9″ for American size and 2 mm to 150 mm.
- Available Tube Length: From 1″ ( 25mm) To 72″ ( 1828mm).
- Most items are in stock and can be delivered in 1-3 days.
- Sentro Tech also offers a volume discount for all listed sizes if the order quantity is more than 5 pieces for the same size.
A 20-year lab furnace industry leader, Sentro Tech guarantees our materials to be the best for your particular applications. Contact us for a quote on alumina tubing for your high-temperature furnace today!
Physical Properties of Alumina Tubes
|Composition||99.80% AL2O3||99.5% AL2O3|
|Bulk Specific Gravity (g/cc)||3.9||3.8|
|Impenetrability||Gas Tight||Gas Tight|
|Dye Penetration A.S.T.M.||Tight||Tight|
|Flexural Strength (psi)||70,000||50,000|
|Compressive Strength (psi)||370,000||350,000|
|Tensile Strength (psi)||43,000||33,000|
|Maximum Working Temperature||1800°C||1750°C|
|Likely Sag Temp. Unsupported Tube*||1600 oC||1600 oC|
|Thermal Conductivity 24oC||230||200|
|Dielectric Strength 24oC V/Mil||300||270|
|Thermal Expansion (per oC x 10-6)||8||8.4|
|Hardness (Moh’s scale)||9||9|
|* Temperature at which an empty tube, 1 1/4″ diameter, suspended across an 18″ span, will sag 1/4″ in 1 hour.|
|Where sag is not acceptable, tubes must be adequately supported along the full length.|
Standard Alumina Tube Dimensions